Friday, January 22, 2010

My visit with my Foster Mother!

My visit with my Foster Mother!
     When I first saw her I thought she is beautiful. I went up to her she seemed kind and special. I hugged her and she seemed like someone I remember from a long time ago. I am glad we got to see her. She seemed to like me and several times she said I was beautiful, that my family is taking good care of me which makes her feel really good about having to let me go. She said it was especially hard to give me up, that I was an easy and loving child. Seeing me now makes her over joyed! She patted my cheek and held my hand.
     This morning we ate breakfast in the kitchen that had eggs in the refrigerator for us to use. The stove had gas pipes that Daddy would have to turn on but we could not find a pan so we used the microwave. But we could not read the dial so we had to guess. There was big bread slices in a bag and orange juice. Then we walked down the street for a couple hours. It was really cold. There were lots of cars and people. We were the only ones in red coats. Most walked on the left side of the street but in America we walk on the right. The sidewalks had lots of bumps and steps that were uneven. Braelyn would have tripped a lot if Mom was not holding her hand.
    Then it was lunchtime and Mom wanted us to go to a REAL Korean restraunt. It was hard to ask for a map at the guesthouse desk, they do not understand much English. It did have places listed on it so Mom picked the Bono Bono and it cost 50,000 to eat! We did not know what to expect but the lady at the desk spoke some English. Braelyn needed the bathroom but when we asked the lady said up and to the right. She should have said around to the left. Mom and Dad are being really brave doing all of this not knowing what to expect each time we do anything. Standing in the airport last night made us stop and realize how much we take as normal at home. Here we were, standing at the gate of the Korean International airport a whole world away, do not speak any of the language, do not know a soul in Seoul, have no idea who is going to pick us up or exactly where he will be…but we were all okay with that! Just because they want me to tour my birth country. Some people might have freaked. Some might not have wanted to do this, but Mom just told me its just like when you adopt a child or have a baby. Your whole life changes. Babies do not speak the same language and not all kids are the same.
     I’m getting sleepy but I’m hungry so we have to walk back to another restaurant to eat. I hope I can stay away to see what I’m eating. My vacation so far is really fun but makes me tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment